Tax Set Up (Sectors ONLY)
Sectors consist of all applicable tax rates for a group of products and allows you to control how each of those rates will be calculated into the price of a product. So all tax-free items would belong to the same sector as would products that receive the regular sales tax. Products with the same taxation rules belong to the same sector.
See the Tax Set Up page for a full list of instructions to get your taxes set up.
- Once you have created your economic zones and set up all necessary tax rates, you are ready to create your sectors.
- In your KORONA.pos Cloud account (www.koronacloud.com), go to Settings > Sectors.
- Create and Name: Use the New button to add a sector and start by giving it a descriptive name that will help you to identify this set of tax rules later. (i.e. if this is a sector for products that receive a general sales tax only, consider naming it General Sales Tax).
- Add Tax Rates: After naming the sector, you can begin to add in the appropriate tax rates. Remember, a sector is a set of tax calculations that will apply to products that need to be taxed in that particular way. Start by simply adding all of the applicable taxes.
- Set Subtotal Index: Then, to ensure that these taxes get calculated into the price of the product in the right way, you need to determine the subtotal index for each tax. The subtotal index determines the order that the taxes are applied to the net price of the item.
- Set Revenue Shares: You will see a list of all revenue allocation accounts and when you want to disburse a percentage of the revenue generated from products that belong to this sector, you can set the percentage right here.