Welcome to your new POS solution, KORONA POS Cloud!
The following guide is provided to help you with your first steps into KORONA POS. After creating your account and logging in for the first time, it is recommended to set up your point of sale.
Progress Towards Completion
KORONA Cloud Login
- Check your email for your login information. This information was sent to the email address you chose when you started your trial account.
- Go to koronacloud.com and enter your data in order to authenticate yourself. Usually, you will only need your email address and your password.
- If you restrict access to your computer at all times you can check the option “remember me”. This will keep you logged in and will not require you to authenticate yourself again when you come back.
- Click “Login”.
- To Change your password after login locate your name on the top right hand corner and click on the drop-down menu and select “My User Account“> “Change Password“.
Download your Point of Sale Application
After successfully logging into your KORONA.pos Cloud back office account, you will get to your dashboard.
The default dashboard configuration will show a POS quick access in the top left corner. The dashboard widget is called “Getting Started”.
First, click the orange button “Configure POS” to get to the point of sale configuration. (This can also be found on the left-hand side, just click Sales > Points of Sale, and then double-click on POS 01) On the configuration screen use the orange button again which is labeled “Download Terminal Software”. Then you only have to select your operating system and confirm the download.
Windows users will get a setup file. Simply execute the setup on the computer you would like to use as your point of sale terminal and follow the setup. After the setup is complete the POS application will start automatically.
Mac OSX / Linux
All non-Windows users will get a zip archive as a download. Simply extract all files from the archive and make sure you have a version Java 8 or higher installed on your computer. Then navigate to the bin folder in the extracted archive and execute korona-client.jar.
*NOTE* Upon initiating the download, you could get a pop-up warning asking if you’re sure you want to download. Simply go to the drop-down and select “Keep” to continue the download.
Couple your POS
- When you start your POS for the first time you will likely get to a login screen which is used to couple your POS to a KORONA.pos Cloud account. The setup might be able to figure out the appropriate account automatically.
- After the login, you will be able to select the individual POS you are setting up. If you only have one available POS the system will pick that one automatically for you.
- After the first two steps, the POS will remember its configuration and restart. The first start after coupling the POS will usually take several minutes. Future POS starts will be significantly faster.
- Once the POS client opens you can start using your new POS.
*Note: Do not worry if the system skips step 1 and/or 2. Sometimes the system can figure out the setup automatically.
If you do not know your login code try “1”. This is the default login code for new accounts.
You can change or add cashier logins under Employees > Cashiers. For more on setting up Cashiers you can refer to our Cashier Set up Manual here.
Add Additional POS Terminals or Add-On Packages
In your back office move your mouse pointer to the welcome menu in the top right corner. Then select “My KORONA.pos Cloud Packages“.
The next screen will give you the option to more point of sale terminals and additional packages. If you have questions regarding the add-on packages please feel free to contact our sales team at +1 (833) 200-0213.